“Real Christmas trees are the best environmental option for consumers”
- Patrick Moore, Ph.D., former Greenpeace President
Real Christmas trees provide numerous benefits to the environment. Christmas tree farmers go to great lengths to ensure natural resources are preserved for future generations.
• Real Christmas trees release large amounts of oxygen into the environment.
• Real Christmas trees reduce carbon emissions by absorbing carbon dioxide.
• Real Christmas trees protect soil from erosion and provide habitats for wildlife.
• Christmas trees are grown on sustainable farms in the U.S., just like other crops.
• Farmers plant one or more Christmas trees to replace every tree they harvest.
• Many times, Christmas trees are grown in soil that won’t support other crops.